WP e-Commerce Settings:
- Download or clone the 2Checkout payment module athttps://github.com/craigchristenson/2checkout-wp-e-commerce
- Upload tco.php to “/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-merchants” on your web server.
- In your WordPress admin select Settings -> Store to open your WP e-Commerce settings.
- Under Payment select 2Checkout, click Update and then click theedit link for 2Checkout.
- Enter Display Name. Example: Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, PIN Debit) and PayPal
- Enter your 2Checkout Account Number.
- Enter your 2Checkout Secret Word. (Must be the same value entered on your 2Checkout Site Management page.)
- Select the language you want the 2Checkout purchase routine to be in.
- Select the appropriate billing fields for the Forms Sent to Gatewaysection.
- Click Update.
- Sign in to your 2Checkout account.
- Click the Account tab and Site Management subcategory.
- Under Direct Return select Header Redirect.
- Enter your Secret Word. (Must be the same value entered in your WP e-Commerce settings.)
- Click Save Changes.
For more information visit: WPeCommerce.org
Having trouble with these cart instructions? If you are having issues with these shopping cart instructions, or realize they are out of date, please email us at email@example.com and we will look into it for you.
Hacker News reports that a vulnerability affecting millions of users has been found in industry leading WordPress plugin SEO by Yoast.
According to an advisory, all versions of SEO by Yoast prior to 184.108.40.206 are vulnerable to Blind SQL Injection web application flaw. This is considered a critical vulnerability due to the fact that it could seriously compromise your WordPress site.
Mohit Kumar of Hacker News explains how the vulnerability works:
“Basically in SQLi attack, an attacker inserts a malformed SQL query into an application via client-side input. However, in this scenario, an outside hacker can’t trigger this vulnerability itself because the flaw actually resides in the ‘admin/class-bulk-editor-list-table.php’ file, which is authorized to be accessed by WordPress Admin, Editor or Author privileged users only.
Therefore, in order to successfully exploit this vulnerability, it is required to trigger the exploit from authorized users only. This can be achieved with the help of social engineering, where an attacker can trick authorized user to click on a specially crafted payload exploitable URL.”
Trying to simplify that, what he means is an attacker could exploit this vulnerability by tricking WordPress admins into clicking on a link which would trigger the SQLi attack.
Once the attack has been carried out, the attacker could then add their own admin account to the vulnerable WordPress site and do whatever they want with it.
A key takeaway here is the fact that everyone who has SEO by Yoast installed is not going to be automatically affected by this. The attack can only be manually triggered by a WordPress admin, editor, or author who clicks on a dangerous link created by the attacker.
In addition, this is something that can easily fixed by updating your plugin to the latest version. The Yoast team promptly patched the exploit upon being notified, and the newest version (1.7.4) is said to fix the problem. The Premium version of the plugin has also been updated.
In the future, you can have plugin updates taken care of automatically by going to the Manage > Plugins & Themes > Auto Updates tab. If you don’t have the auto-update feature turned on, it’s strongly recommended that you update the SEO by Yoast plugin on all sites where you have it installed.
How Custom Menu Link Target Blank
you don’t need to add target=_blank anywhere in your wordpress theme code. Just follow the steps
Go to Menus, and from the top right side, click on Screen Options.
As shown in the screenshot below, click on Link Target under the Show advanced menu properties.
Now Link Target option added in you drop down menu.
Go To Apperance >> Menus >> choose any Menu from List and Click on any URL . Check the box Now Open link in a new window/top.
If you confused see the below image
Please Don’t forget like/share if you like my post.
WordPress SEO by Yoast with tons of features and options . Free Download WordPress SEO by Yoast. Tons of features and options, this plugin is not as simple as the famous “All in One SEO Pack“, but again it is certainly worth to upgrade to this one if you want a complete solution. In this article, we will show you how to install and setup WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast and utilize all the awesome features that comes built-in.
First let’s take a look at the features this plugin has to offer:
- Post title and meta description meta box to change these on a per post basis.
- Taxonomy (tag, category & custom taxonomy) title and meta description support.
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus keyword testing.
- Meta Robots configuration:
- Easily add noodp, noydir meta tags.
- Easily noindex, or nofollow pages, taxonomies or entire archives.
- Improved canonical support, adding canonical to taxonomy archives, single posts and pages and the front page.
- RSS footer / header configuration.
- Permalink clean ups, while still allowing for, for instance, Google Custom Search.
- Breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles.
- XML Sitemaps with:
- Configurable removal of post types and taxonomies
- Pages or posts that have been noindexed will not show in XML sitemap (but can if you want them too).
- XML News Sitemaps.
- .htaccess and robots.txt editor.
- Ability to verify Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Basic import functionality for HeadSpace2 and All in One SEO. (You can also use theSEO Data Transporter to transfer functionality from themes like Thesis, Headway,Genesis etc).
So after seeing all of these features, it is confirmed that this is by far the MOST COMPLETE WordPress SEO plugin. Joost combined his other plugins like RSS Footer, HeadSpace2, Yoast Breadcrumbs, and others to create this powerhouse plugin. We will be switching WPBeginner from All in One SEO Pack to this plugin in our version 2.0.
How to Install WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast
Installation of this plugin is the same as how you would install any other WordPress plugin. First you need to Download WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast, and then you need to activate it. You should see a new tab added in the admin panel called SEO with Yoast’s logo on it.
Now that you have installed and activated the plugin
If you are a beginner and you want to use Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin, then please follow along the steps carefully.
Step 1. Data Transfer
Most of you probably have another WordPress plugin like All in One SEO pack.f you want to successfully use this plugin, you need to make sure that all of your previous data has been transported to this plugin before you deactivate the other one.
Step 2: General Settings
In step 2, we will explain the General Settings section that you see in the “Dashboard” page of Yoast WordPress SEO plugin.
As you see, that we have checked the Use meta keywords tags. Anything below that should not be checked i.e post / page / attachment area should be left unchecked like the image above.
Step 3: Webmaster Tools
Simply add your meta code that you received from the search engines in the respective fields.
Step 4: Title Settings
follow the images for recommended settings.
Next we will define title templates for Taxonomies.
Step 5 – Indexation
Step 6: Sitemap
Step 7: Permalinks Settings Explained
Step 8: Internal Links Settings
Step 9: RSS Settings
Step 10: Import & Export Settings
There is an Edit tab below Import & Export section, but we will not cover that. Most beginners or even intermediates should not get close to that section.
Step 11: Customizing and Maximizing the Benefit