o check your Windows NT Dialup settings:
Open My Computer and double click Dialup Networking.
With your Expedient entry selected in the Phonebook entry to dial, click the More button. Select Edit entry and modem properties.
On the Basic tab:
- Entry name should be Expedient.
- Check your Local Access Number in the Phone number field.
The number should be entered exactly as it needs to be dialed. For example, if you need to dial the area code enter the number as XXX XXX-XXXX, or if you need to dial 9 to get an outside line enter the number as 9, XXX-XXXX. Dashes (-) and spaces are not required.
- Use Telephony dialing properties should NOT be checked. While you can enable Dialing Properties, we recommend you type the entire number INCLUDING properties into the “Telephone Number:” field (see below). Verify the Local Access Number in the Telephone number field and be sure the number you are calling is local.
The number should be entered exactly as it needs to be dialed. For example, if you need to dial the area code enter the number as XXX-XXX-XXXX.To disable call waiting, type in *70, XXX-XXX-XXXX if you have tone dialing or 1170, XXX-XXX-XXXX if you have pulse dialing. Note: Some phone companies use 70# to disable call waiting; if this applies to you, type in 70#, XXX-XXX-XXXX. If you are not sure what your call waiting code is, please contact your telephone company for this information.
If you need to dial 9 to get an outside line, enter the number as 9, XXX-XXXX.
Note: Dashes (-) and spaces are not required, but using dashes can allow you to more clearly distinguish the area code from the exchange and the final 4 digits.
- Verify that your modem is selected in the Dial using field.
Click the Server tab. Dialup server type should be set to PPP: Windows NT, Windows 95 Plus, Internet. The following options should be checked:
- Enable software compression
- Enable PPP LCP extensions
Click the Script tab. The After dialing (login) option should be None.
Click the Security tab. Accept any authentication including clear text should be the only option set. If you have saved your dialup password, and need to reset it, click the Unsave password; you will be prompted to reenter it the next time you need to connect.
Click OK to save your changes.