WordPress SEO by Yoast with tons of features and options . Free Download WordPress SEO by Yoast. Tons of features and options, this plugin is not as simple as the famous “All in One SEO Pack“, but again it is certainly worth to upgrade to this one if you want a complete solution. In this article, we will show you how to install and setup WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast and utilize all the awesome features that comes built-in.
First let’s take a look at the features this plugin has to offer:
- Post title and meta description meta box to change these on a per post basis.
- Taxonomy (tag, category & custom taxonomy) title and meta description support.
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus keyword testing.
- Meta Robots configuration:
- Easily add noodp, noydir meta tags.
- Easily noindex, or nofollow pages, taxonomies or entire archives.
- Improved canonical support, adding canonical to taxonomy archives, single posts and pages and the front page.
- RSS footer / header configuration.
- Permalink clean ups, while still allowing for, for instance, Google Custom Search.
- Breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles.
- XML Sitemaps with:
- Configurable removal of post types and taxonomies
- Pages or posts that have been noindexed will not show in XML sitemap (but can if you want them too).
- XML News Sitemaps.
- .htaccess and robots.txt editor.
- Ability to verify Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Basic import functionality for HeadSpace2 and All in One SEO. (You can also use theSEO Data Transporter to transfer functionality from themes like Thesis, Headway,Genesis etc).
So after seeing all of these features, it is confirmed that this is by far the MOST COMPLETE WordPress SEO plugin. Joost combined his other plugins like RSS Footer, HeadSpace2, Yoast Breadcrumbs, and others to create this powerhouse plugin. We will be switching WPBeginner from All in One SEO Pack to this plugin in our version 2.0.
How to Install WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast
Installation of this plugin is the same as how you would install any other WordPress plugin. First you need to Download WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast, and then you need to activate it. You should see a new tab added in the admin panel called SEO with Yoast’s logo on it.
Now that you have installed and activated the plugin
If you are a beginner and you want to use Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin, then please follow along the steps carefully.
Step 1. Data Transfer
Most of you probably have another WordPress plugin like All in One SEO pack.f you want to successfully use this plugin, you need to make sure that all of your previous data has been transported to this plugin before you deactivate the other one.
Step 2: General Settings
In step 2, we will explain the General Settings section that you see in the “Dashboard” page of Yoast WordPress SEO plugin.
As you see, that we have checked the Use meta keywords tags. Anything below that should not be checked i.e post / page / attachment area should be left unchecked like the image above.
Step 3: Webmaster Tools
Simply add your meta code that you received from the search engines in the respective fields.
Step 4: Title Settings
follow the images for recommended settings.
Next we will define title templates for Taxonomies.
Step 5 – Indexation
Step 6: Sitemap
Step 7: Permalinks Settings Explained
Step 8: Internal Links Settings
Step 9: RSS Settings
Step 10: Import & Export Settings
There is an Edit tab below Import & Export section, but we will not cover that. Most beginners or even intermediates should not get close to that section.
Step 11: Customizing and Maximizing the Benefit