What is SSBkgdupdate.exe it keeps coming up when I start my computer?
ssbkgdupdate.exe = ScanSoft OmniPage auto updater.
This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources.
- Now you will get a Run window.
- Inside that Run Window Type MSCONFIG and press on Ok
- Now you will get a System Configuration Utility window,
- Inside that System Configuration Utility press on Start up.
- Inside that you can see one file associated with ScanSoft.
- Disable that one from that list and press on Apply and Ok.
The file will be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe
IF YOU ARE NOT USING SCANSOFT REMOVE THE SCAN SOFT PROGRAM.