Stuntman who ate 25,000 light bulbs and 6,000 vinyl records during miraculous munching career retires

An iron-stomached stuntman who has eaten his way through tons of scrap is retiring after he nearly died when he bit off more than he could chew.

Branko Crnogorac, 80, from Apatin in Serbia, has left audiences open-mouthed as he scoffed his way through 25,000 light bulbs, 12,000 forks, 2,000 spoons, 2,600 plates and nearly 6,000 vinyl LPs during his 60-year career.

But he has now quit after choking on a pedal when friends bet him he couldn’t eat his whole bike within three days.

Mr Crnogorac said: ‘I almost died. I needed emergency surgery. Doctors at the same time found two kilograms of assorted ironware in my stomach, including two gold rings.

‘It was a wake up call for me and since then I just haven’t had the same desire to munch metal.

‘So after 20 years of eating everything I’ve realised my digestive system is not as strong as it used to be, so I’ve decided to retire.’

His bizarre career started when a friend recommended he should start eating sand to combat an acid stomach.

‘It worked and I thought why not try something else and one thing led to another,’ he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *